Petcasso Exhibition Prospectus
The exhibition is a juried exhibition to showcase outstanding original visual art. It is open to both professional and emerging artists who are 18 years or older using visual media. Artists may submit for consideration up to three (3) works not previously exhibited at Litmus Gallery. 2-D and 3-D art will be selected for this exhibition. All works of art entered must be for sale. There is no fee for submitting work to be considered for inclusion in this exhibit. A fee is collected only from those juried into the exhibit.
Artists who wish to participate should:
1. Ensure that each work of art is in a separate jpg, png, or gif image (one view of 2D and two views of 3D) and that the image is named as follows: artistname_titleofwork_medium.jpg (for example: JoeSmith_Sublime_painting.jpg). If your image is not named correctly, we cannot consider it for the show, unfortunately.
2. Complete the entry form below with all information: name, address, phone #, email address, photo image, title, dimensions, medium, price, and if available, facebook name, twitter account, and instagram account,
3. Indicate your understanding and agreement with all exhibit rules and specifications.
Rules and Specifications
1. Works must be original and committed to the show for the entire exhibition period. Litmus Gallery & Studios reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly presented, requires special installation, or is deemed inappropriate by the Litmus Gallery Jury committee.
2. Presentation Specifications:
– All 2D work must be completely prepared for hanging with wire.
– Wire must not be frayed and must support the weight of the piece.
– No “saw tooth” hangers may be used.
– Maximum framed size cannot exceed 50” in any direction.
– 2D and 3D art cannot exceed 50 pounds.
3. Fees: For those selected to participate, there is an entry fee of $30. The fee will be collected at the time the art is delivered to Litmus Gallery.
4. Deadline: For those wishing to submit art to be considered, Litmus Gallery & Studios must receive this entry form no later than the deadline listed.
5. Liability: Works are entered at the risk of the artist. Although the utmost care will be taken in handling all art work, Litmus Gallery & Studios will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Submitting a work of art shall imply an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus.
6. Sales: Sales will be encouraged. A 30% commission will be collected on art sold during the exhibition. The artist is committed to the sale price submitted. In order to encourage sales Litmus Gallery may offer a discount of up to 30% on a work by an exhibiting artist. The discount is taken out of the gallery’s 30% commission and the artist still receives 70% of the sales price. Optional: To encourage sales, an artists may indicate a discount sale price that will take effect during the last week of the exhibit.
7. People’s Choice Award: Attendees at the opening reception will be allowed to vote for the art they like the most. The artist receiving the most votes will be awarded $100 and the artist with the second most votes will be awarded $50.
8. Delivery of Art: All art must be hand-delivered to Litmus Gallery on the delivery date and time specified. Special arrangements for delivery at a different time may be possible: email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if a different delivery date is possible.
9. Removal: Unless sold, all artwork must remain on view until the close of the exhibition. Unsold works should be picked up on the specified date and time indicated.