Petcasso: Animals in Art 2017– Call for Artists
All creatures large and small, whether canine, feline, reptile, rodent, insect, or aviary, pets and animals bring us joy. This exhibit’s theme showcases art featuring pets and animals of all kinds, shapes, and sizes in painting, photography, sculpture, and mixed media. A portion of proceeds will be donated to a local animal related charity.
Saturday, April 15: Artist entry information must be received by this date
Saturday, April 22: Artist notified by this date if their work is juried into the show
Thursday, April 27, 10am-2pm or Saturday, April 29, 1-3pm: Accepted works hand-delivered to Gallery
Thursday, May 25: Exhibition closes: unsold art may be picked up 10am-2pm
Saturday, May 27: Alternative pick up of unsold art: 1pm – 3pm
Friday, May 5: Exhibition opens / wine reception 6-9pm
May 5– May 25: Exhibition open Thursdays 10am – 2pm and by appointment (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Top of Form
Petcasso Exhibition Prospectus
The exhibition is a juried exhibition to showcase outstanding original visual art. It is open to both professional and emerging artists who are 18 years or older using visual media. Artists may submit for consideration up to three (3) works not previously exhibited at Litmus Gallery. 2-D and 3-D art will be selected for this exhibition. All works of art entered must be for sale. There is no fee for submitting work to be considered for inclusion in this exhibit. A fee is collected only from those juried into the exhibit.
Artists who wish to participate should:
- Email their name, address, phone #, email address, photos (1 view of 2-D and 2 views of 3-D / JPEG format only filed with artistname_titleofwork.jpg / ex.: JoeSmith_Sublime.jpg). List in the email title(s) of work, dimensions, medium, price and send to email@example.com to be considered for inclusion. Each image submitted must be less than 1 MB in size.
- By submitting art for consideration for this exhibit, the artist submitting acknowledges that the works submitted to be solely their work of original concept and to be entered at their own risk. While utmost care will be taken handling works submitted, Litmus Gallery & Studios will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Furthermore, artists submitting art agree to allow images or photos of their work to be reproduced for use for publicity for the exhibition. Submitting a work of art shall imply an agreement by the artist to the conditions set forth in the prospectus.
Rules and Specifications
- General: Works must be original and committed to the show for the entire exhibition period. Litmus Gallery & Studios reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly presented, requires special installation, or is deemed inappropriate by the Litmus Gallery Jury committee.
- Presentation Specifications:
– All 2D work must be completely prepared for hanging with wire.
– Wire must not be frayed and must support the weight of the piece.
– No “saw tooth” hangers may be used.
– Maximum framed size cannot exceed 50” in any direction.
– 2D and 3D art cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- Fees:For those selected to participate, there is an entry fee of $30. The fee will be collected at the time the art is delivered to Litmus Gallery. Cash or checks accepted payable to James Fatata
- Deadline:For those wishing to submit art to be considered, Litmus Gallery & Studios must receive this entry form no later than the deadline listed.
- Liability:Works are entered at the risk of the artist. Although the utmost care will be taken in handling all art work, Litmus Gallery & Studios will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause. Submitting a work of art shall imply an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Artists may wish to acquire insurance to cover loss and/or damage.
- Sales:Sales will be encouraged. A 30% commission will be collected on art sold during the exhibition. The artist is committed to the sale price submitted. In order to encourage sales Litmus Gallery may offer a discount of up to 30% on a work by an exhibiting artist. The discount is taken out of the gallery’s 30% commission and the artist still receives 70% of the sales price.
- Awards: A $75 prize for ‘Best in Show’ and three $50 prizes for ‘Merit Awards’ will be awarded by the show’s juror(s).
- Delivery of Art:All art must be hand-delivered to Litmus Gallery on the delivery date and time specified. Special arrangements for delivery at a different time may be possible: email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if a different delivery date is possible.
- Removal:Unless sold, all artwork must remain on view until the close of the exhibition. Unsold works must be picked up on the specified date and time indicated. Any work not removed during the specified time will be stored at the rate of $2.00 a day.